Ymere – Cost-effective through data-driven working
Ymere is driven by its mission to provide more people with modest incomes a good home in the Amsterdam metropolitan region and aims to become an efficient and results-oriented organization.
Chester Bal - Director of Finance & Reporting, Ymere
"The data-driven approach quickly provided many new insights. Due to broad representation from the organization, there was immediate support for the proposed solutions."
Assist us in conducting a deep dive and analyses on the theme of 'hiring and consultancy costs,' resulting in a backlog of improvement ideas to achieve cost savings. Secure the data-driven approach so that we can subsequently do this ourselves.
With a multidisciplinary team consisting of a business controller, business analyst, and HR, we utilized the scrum methodology to perform the following activities:
- Developed a hypothesis tree to clarify what is being investigated for everyone.
- Conducted data analysis of the current situation and held interviews with line management.
- Collaboratively translated studies into analysis presentations.
- Conducted a deep-dive workshop with line managers to generate improvement ideas.
- Prepared an implementation plan for improvement ideas.
- Provided knowledge sessions on the data-driven working methodology.
- Empowered employees to work in a data-driven manner and conduct problem analyses.
- Identified 10 improvement ideas for reducing external hiring.
- Created awareness and support from the executive team and line managers for reducing external hiring (resulting in quicker decisions for internal solutions rather than external hiring).
- Identified potential savings between €500,000 and €1,500,000.