Establishment of chain collaboration and control of the levy process at AFM
The Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM) is optimizing and digitizing its levy process. An advisory report has been developed by Highberg, and the next step is implementation. This involves setting up cross-departmental (chain) collaboration with effective governance and meeting structures, communicating the change, and involving the organization.
J. van Dorp - Head of Planning, Control & Finance
"Together with Highberg, we have made progress in elaborating the approach to the process, roles, meeting structures, and creating support. But now we have to do it ourselves and achieve the results."
"Help us get the process director and quality manager up and running effectively in implementing the intended organization of the levy process. In a way that ownership is created and taken by the involved departments in developing towards a professional and learning chain."
In collaboration with the process manager, we delivered various components in Agile sprints of 4 weeks:
- Develop a change story and visually represent the annual plan.
- Establish process roles and communicate chain responsibilities.
- Determine meeting structure, agenda, and work agreements.
- Define process KPIs and reporting needs.
Input was gathered from various heads and managers during sprint reviews. Additionally, Highberg supported the setup of reports.
The project contributed to preparing the formal organization of the process. Following the principle of show-do-self-do, the department is now ready to take the final step on its own. This means starting with the new structure and roles. The results of this assignment include:
- Identification of levy ambassadors: Departments have designated contacts, reducing time spent searching for the right person.
- Created consensus: Communicating the change story helps departments understand their roles, and they are willing to contribute.
- Formalization of roles in work agreements, clarifying responsibilities and making the chain more efficient.
- Determined meeting structure and agenda, enabling effective process control.
- Established a method for the steering group to collaborate and improve effectively; digital communication in one place enhances the learning capacity, saving employees time.
- Defined process KPIs, facilitating performance discussions.